Frequently Asked Questions

A landline or cellphone with basic touch-tone service and call waiting is all that is required for the ShadowTrack® program.  Third party cell phone providers, Magic Jack, Vonage, Skype, Straighttalk and other Voice-Over IP telephone services are not allowed at this time.  Other restricted features include call forwarding, call conferencing, voicemail and anonymous call blocker/privacy director.  Cellphones must have text and data capabilities. If you are going to be using a cell phone with the ability to download apps you will be required to use our mobile app service.  There is no charge to download the mobile app.

Shadowtrack Calls

Shadowtrack places calls randomly to the number we have on file.  Calls can be received at anytime during your scheduled home incarceration curfew.  Please be sure you have access to the phone on file at all times during your curfew schedule.

We send out a confirmation letter confirming your enrollment within 1 to 2 days of completing your voice enrollment.  Once you have completed the program a completion letter is sent within 1 to 2 business days.

Shadowtrack Missed Alert

There is no need to contact our office when you miss an alert on your mobile app. In the event of a missed alert or call or there was an issue with the call, we simply recommend calling back into the system as soon as possible to check in. You should also keep accurate records and get any documentation possible so it can be presented to the court if questioned about specific calls. If you miss a call due to a medical emergency, you will be required to provide documentation of your visit to the hospital, and if possible, make an inbound call to verify your location.  Once you return home, another inbound call should be made into the system.

ShadowTrack Enrollment Services

Once you receive approval to enroll in ShadowTrack,you will need to contact your telephone provider to remove restricted features.  Your telephone should have basic service plus call waiting.  You are not allowed to have call forwarding, call conferencing, voicemail or anonymous call blocker/privacy director.  Once your telephone line is ready and verified by a representative you will need to contact ShadowTrack Enrollment Services for an enrollment agreement.  Within the enrollment agreement you will inform ShadowTrack of your requirements for home incarceration (schedule, supervising agent etc.) and then submit payment.  ShadowTrack Enrollment Services will then enroll you in the program and take your voice print.

Home incarceration means you are home all the time, however Shadowtrack does allow you to work, go to doctor/court appointments and religious services. Your schedule should be approved by the court, probation officer, or supervising agent before submitting the enrollment application.  Shadowtrack can at any time request documentation from an employer, doctor, court, or church regarding your schedule.

When the system calls, anyone can answer the phone.  The system will instruct the person who answers to put the enrollee on the phone and will repeat the request three times.  It is the enrollee’s responsibility to make everyone in the household aware of Shadowtrack, calls and the seriousness of the matter.

Visa or MasterCard (Credit or Debit Cards) are accepted.  If you do not have a credit or debit card, simply go to your local bank, pharmacy, or Walmart and purchase a prepaid card.  We do not offer payment plans.  Your card is charged the same day every week. (This day is generally the same day you sign up).

Shadowtrack will monitor anyone that has received approval from a judge, supervising agent or probation officer.  If you need help in getting approval, Shadowtrack has the tools to assist you.  It is very important for you to understand that Shadowtrack does not have any authority regarding your sentence.  Shadowtrack will monitor you as an enrollee based on the terms (restrictions and allowances) of your sentence.  Compliance is then reported to the courts, supervising agent or probation officer.  This contact information will be provided to shadowtrack upon enrollment.

After enrollment into the ShadowTrack electronic monitoring program, ShadowTrack requires a 24 hour notification of the move.  If approved by the court or probation office ShadowTrack will make this change.  Also, ShadowTrack will be able to place any calls on hold during the move if approved by the court or probation office.  The days that would be missed for the move will be added to the end of your sentence

An offender can be monitored anywhere in the US and Canada, no matter where the charge originated.

Enrollment is a quick and easy process.  It takes under 10 minutes to enter the data for enrollment and record a voice print.  To avoid a lengthy enrollment  process, you should have all of the information required: phone features removed, enrollment agreement signed and submitted to ShadowTrack’s enrollment department, payment, and court documentation with court and supervising agent’s contact information.

Shadowtrack has been approved by many courts throughout the country.  Please contact us for more information about the availability in your area.

The cost can vary depending on the service and functionality provided on a case by case basis. Shadowtrack is one of the leading providers for solutions in corrections and have been doing this at an affordable costs to individuals and agencies. For more information, please get in touch by contacting our office or sending us an email.

Obtaining approval from the court to use this program should not be an issue. We have enrolled thousands of offenders all over the country. By completing the request form, we will send you documentation that can be used to present to the court on your client’s behalf.

If the offender has already been to court and sentenced to jail, ShadowTrack does not have the authority to override a courts decision. However, if the person is in jail awaiting trial, there may be a possibility, depending on the offense, that a judge would consider using Shadowtrack as an alternative while waiting for trial.

The enrollment application ask for Court, Attorney and supervising agent information so an enrollment letter can be sent once you have started the program.  Once you have completed the program a completion letter is sent with in 1 to 2 business days.

Load More