Shadowtrack’s location services allow the user to verify the enrollee is at a designated location. The location services utilize cellular network tracking along with dual location verification technology and GPS positioning including location coordinates to determine the whereabouts of an enrollee. This service can be paired with voice verification and facial recognition to ensure the enrollee is in fact with the telephone device during location verification.
Utilizing Location Services allows the agency to:
- Efficiently monitor the whereabouts of an enrollee during a specific time frame
- Efficiently monitor if the enrollee is attempting to enter a restricted area
- Monitor an enrollee at a specific address or within the range of an entire state
- Detect location spoofing
- The option to use on demand or automated random location frequency
Location Services Platform Functionality
Verify location of the enrollee in the following ways:
- Cellular triangulation
- GPS positioning coordinates
- Scheduled silent location verification
- Silent on demand user initiated location verification
- Pairing location services with voice verification or facial recognition to ensure the enrollee is with the telephone device during location verification
- On demand manual GPS ping capability.
- When the verification call is completed, location coordinates are sent to the Shadowtrack platform via API
The user can review location results in one of the following ways:
- Displayed on a map via the enrollee’s profile
- Displayed on the enrollee compliance tab via a “View Map” button that is listed for each inbound or outbound call
- Displayed with a color coded PIN for easy viewing. Green for compliant (Inside Fence) and Red for non compliant (Outside Fence)
- GPS coordinate results logged on a map on the enrollee’s compliance call details
- GPS results displayed with a color coded PIN on a map within the call details for easy viewing as Green for compliant (Inside Fence) and Red for non compliant (Outside Fence)
- Location verification results logged on the enrollee compliance tab via the mobile app
Additional location verification features:
- Compatible with all major cellular carriers
- On demand voice verification combined with location verification
- The option to initiate facial recognition verification in the event of a suspicious voice verification alert
- Allows the user to create multiple Inclusion zones to verify if the enrollee is at home, school, work, treatment program, etc.
- Allows the user to create multiple exclusion zones to verify if the enrollee is near a restricted area
- Customizable radius options to broaden or tighten a designated location area
- Allows the user the option to set up a state radius in comparison to the enrollee’s designated location address
- A feature set at the admin level that allows the agency to set all enrollee location radius’s to a state wide parameter depending upon a certain interview protocol assigned to them.
- An alert to the user if the enrollee does not initiate their location within a specified time frame
- API error for failure to reach the app due to the device being turned off or the app is not running (Feature has not been implemented yet.
- The ability for the Shadowtrack platform to send messages that display on alert on the enrollee’s telephone screen that have to be manually dismissed
- Feature that automatically prompts the enrollee on the next call to opt in to location services on their mobile device if an opt out occurs at any time
- Mobile registration feature that alerts the user if a mobile phone number is “Not Locatable”
- Allows the user the ability to override location coordinates manually
Benefits of Location Services
- Improves efficiency by allowing users to automate monitoring enrollees whereabouts on a consistent basis
- Non compliant alerts to help the user manage enrollee non compliance due to being outside of a designated location
- Assists in combating enrollees attempting to turn off their device to prevent location verification by alerting the user when this happens.
- Prevents location spoofing
- Allows the user the ability to tighten the radius area to miles but also broaden the radius area for the entire state of the enrollee’s designated location address